Whew.. it’s been a while. I have been so swamped with my day job that I had let the site go stale. In some cases, putting in sixty (60) hour weeks for almost the entirety of the last half of the year. Needless to say, this hectic schedule hasn’t given me much time to continue my photographic studies or really do anything at all other than the basics: work, sleep and eat. Rinse and repeat.
In other news, I also recently won the ‘Individual Excellence’ award here at my employer for the project that we just completed. So that was very humbling as well. It was a great learning experience and our team did a great job. I’m so proud of them.
Here are a few highlights since the last post in terms of my photographic world:
- Participated in the Convoy of Hope to Provide Family Portraits Free of Charge
- Won Best in Show at the DeKalb County Fair in the Black & White Category
- Crowned Best in Show at the DeKalb County Fair in the Color Category
- Came in First Place with Six out of Six Entries into the DeKalb County Fair
- Had an Opportunity to Assist Shooting a Dear Friend’s Wedding (which I’m still editing.. lol)
- Won the ‘Color of Tennessee’ State Calendar Competition for the month of December
That’s what’s been going on in my world the last few months. Hopefully now that things are beginning to settle down I can begin to travel, explore and expand my photographic knowledge over the new year. I have some great ideas that I’d like to see happen this coming year so keep your eyes peeled.
I’m ready to get back to business!!